A process capability is an organized collection of specific people, process, information, technology and other resources which together function to realize a process ability to satisfy the need for
- policy to define business process requirements
- procedure to define how to perform work activities
- roles to define skill-based functional work responsibilities for work activities defined in procedure
- workflow to define the flow of work and work products and the use of procedure
- process improvement to define the continuous improvement and sustainment of process capabilities
- process management of the process capabilities in order to accomplish the goal of serving the enterprise mission and sustaining the existence of the enterprise system
Process capabilities are standard capabilities realized in a systematic ability by the process capability system.
Process capability is interconnected with and interdependent on enterprise capability, business capability, information capability, IT capability, system offering and service offering.