An enterprise capability is an organized collection of specific people, process, information, technology and other resources which together function to realize an enterprise ability to satisfy the need for
- governance to control the resources of the enterprise
- organization to organize the resources of the enterprise
- integration to integrate the resources of the enterprise
- compliance to verify the resources of the enterprise are compliant with governance (controlled)
- assurance to validate the resources of the enterprise are controlled
- enterprise management of all the capabilities needed in order to accomplish the goal of serving the enterprise mission and sustaining the existence of the enterprise system
Enterprise capabilities are standard capabilities realized in a systematic ability by the enterprise capability system.
Enterprise capability is interconnected with and interdependent on business capability, process capability, information capability, IT capability, system offering and service offering.