An IT capability is an organized collection of specific people, process, information, technology and other resources which together function to realize an IT ability to satisfy the need for
- software applications and programs
- procured services from external providers
- databases and other infrastructure
- information utilization of the use of information and automated processes,
- telecommunications products and services
- IT management of the IT capabilities in order to accomplish the goal of serving the enterprise mission and sustaining the existence of the enterprise system
IT capabilities are standard capabilities realized in a systematic ability by the IT capability system.
IT capability is interconnected with and interdependent on enterprise capability, business capability, process capability, information capability, system offering and service offering.