IT capability management is the enterprise system management of the IT capability system.
The purpose of IT capability management is to enable and assure the management and abilities of the IT capability system are controlled, balanced and aligned to the mission and needs of the whole enterprise.
Each system element of the IT capability system has an associated management capability.
As shown in Figure 19 – IT Capability Management Concept Diagram, IT capability management includes
- procured services
- information utilization
- IT management
and is interconnected with and interdependent on
- enterprise capability management
- business capability management
- process capability management
- information capability management
- system offering management
- service offering management
Figure 19 – IT Capability Management Concept Diagram